Portage County Ohio couple plan to visit Alaska... then move to Alaska and make observations.
Sunday, January 5, 2014
Ice Bound 2014
First time I've dusted off this blog in a while. Just wanted to keep at least one resolution... to try to jot things down in a timely manner. When I attempt this, I realize blogging is not easy, and the blogs I enjoy are more work than I initially imagined. I enjoy blogs from mushers, and see that I have one (probably long lost) follower who is a professional blogger. I have much more respect for you, Sue... trust me. I still love reading your initial bio that mentions the "blank stare" you receive from people after you tell them you are a blogger. I am still one of those faces, no doubt.
My 150# "puppy" had ACL surgery on December 17th (2013) and I have been in the basement with him in a room-sized "crate" to restrict his movement. I have re-watched the entire Sex and the City series, including all extras and series end specials. I re-watched Pride and Prejudice, both the mini-series and the motion picture, and my friend Carrie has encouraged my latest addiction, the "Heartland" series which, set in Alberta Canada and subject matter including a horse ranch for troubled horses, was a perfect match.
Anyways, the one thing I did not plan on when we relocated to Alaska, actually there are two things... is the chronic yet unpredictable thawing which occurs during winters. The other surprise was the amazing wind that bursts out of nowhere and blows snow away. I had not expected to see bare ground or be unable to take dogs out to potty, without ice grips and careful foot placement, during the course of a winter season.
Our driveway is very long and very steep. The last time we needed to be "sanded" was early December, and we need it again today, January 5th. I am to resume work after my time spent crated, and i am not able to drive down the driveway until my neighbor can sand our driveway in the morning. While I enjoyed being housebound these past 3 weeks, I am ready for release, and now feel trapped. Of course, rather than prepare for the fist day of the second semester of school (tomorrow), I find this to be the perfect time to blog. Procrastination comes in many forms.
More late
r
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment